Baby hairs are the fine, wispy hairs along your hairline at your face. There are plenty of ways to style them. You can style them all on their own, making them the focal point of your hairdo. Slicking them down, creating designs, or curling them are a few options. Or you can style your baby hairs to complement however you style your hair.
- Taming Your Baby Hair
1. Spray your baby hairs with water. It's easiest to style your baby hairs when they're clean and free of product. You don't need to soak you whole head, just the baby hairs. You can use a spray bottle full of water to spray along your hairline.If you don't have a spray bottle, just splash water onto your hairline.
Hold a section of your damp baby hair between your index and middle finger, about 2 in (5.1 cm) from your hairline. Pull your hair out and use a blowdryer to dry it for about 3 seconds. Then use cold air on the hair for 2 seconds.
- Baby hair is very fragile, so don't overheat the hairs - they could break. Make sure you use the cold air to prevent damage or breakage.3. Set your baby hairs with hairspray.
- Spray a soft-bristled toothbrush with medium- to firm-hold hairspray. Use the toothbrush to gently brush the baby hairs horizontally against your hairline.
- If you don't like hairspray, you can try styling cream or edge control gel instead. Put a bit on your fingertip and smooth it over your baby hairs.4. Slick longer baby hairs down into waves.
- If you prefer to style your baby hairs slightly, instead of slicking them along your hairline, you can. Use a holding gel that won’t flake – usually an olive oil based gel. Slick your baby hairs down along the side of your head. Then use a fine-toothed comb to shape them into waves.
-Creating Different Looks with Baby Hair
1. Use a frizz-control spray and wear them loose. You don’t necessarily
- need to style your baby hairs. Spray a soft-bristled toothbrush with a frizz-control spray. Then gently brush down your baby hairs and let them loose! It’s a great option if you have naturally curly hair.2. Create your own baby hairs.
- Not everyone has baby hairs that can be styled, but you can create your own. Start at the front of your hairline and use a comb to make a small part in your hair about 0.25 in (0.64 cm) back toward your temple. Separate this strand of hair and apply some hair gel. Then use your fingers or a fine-toothed comb to shape them into waves.
- This works best if the hair around your hairline is short. If your hair is too long, it may look unnatural.3. Slick short baby hair straight down.
- If you don’t have bangs, you can style the short baby hairs along the front of your hairline. Use gel or hairspray and slick the baby hairs straight down. They'll mimic bangs but give it a minimalistic look.4. Create the fuzzy halo look.
- Making your baby hairs into a fuzzy halo around your hairline can soften your features and complement many hair styles. Sprinkle a volumizing hair powder on the top of your hair. Then work it in by by pushing at your hair up from the roots. Then use your wrist (not your palm) and move it along your hairline in a circular motion. Your baby hair should frizz up.5. Curl your baby hairs.
- Use a very small amount of gel and work it into the baby hairs at the front of your hairline. Then wrap your hairs around your fingers gently and let go to create curls.
If you have steady hands and aren’t afraid of burning yourself, you can use a small curling iron. You won’t need to use gel if you use your curling iron. Be very careful, though, since baby hairs are much finer than the rest of your hair and can burn more easily.
Pairing Baby Hairs with Other Hairstyles1. Slick them back into a high ponytail.
Style your baby hairs to accent your overall hair style. If you wear your hair in a high ponytail, slick your hairs back toward the ponytail. You can slick them straight back toward the crown of your head, or to the side toward your temples.2. Balance your baby hairs with a topknot.
The sleekness of a topknot looks great paired with baby hairs. Wear your baby hairs brushed down straight or angled to match the angle of your hairline. Pull the rest of your hair into a topknot, slicking back the sides of your hair so everything is smooth.3. Pair your baby hairs with a zigzag part.
First, part your hair with a zigzag part. Start at the front of your head and use a comb to part your hair about 1 in (2.5 cm) back at a diagonal. Then continue the part in the opposite direction, repeating the pattern all the way back. Pull your hair into a sleek ponytail or pigtails, then use gel to slick down your baby hairs in waves or spirals.
4. Wear your baby hairs without product with long waves.
If you’re wearing your baby hair with waves, leave them alone. Your waves will be moving in more natural ways, so letting your baby hairs do the same will complement your style.
If above is too complex and too difficult to you, try the baby hair edge products direct, new beginner friendly, easy to wear, reusable, hd pre plucked lace hair line, melted on skin, suit all girls skin color.
Salonready's hot selling products: click here to know more