Tutorial: How To Clean The Glue On The Lace?
When individuals install lace wigs, they often use adhesive to achieve a more secure and natural-looking hairline. This adhesive creates a realistic appearance, mimicking your own natural hairline. However, when it comes time to remove the wig, the lace can become stained with glue or other applied substances. This can pose challenges during secondary installations, making it difficult to clean and process the lace.
We are here to provide expert suggestions to assist you in easily removing your wig and safely cleaning the glue residue from the lace. Our tips will make your wig maintenance a breeze.
First: take your wig off
When it comes to removing lace wigs, there are different methods lace wig users employ. Some individuals use alcohol-soaked towels to separate the glue from the skin and wig lace. While this method can be effective, it may not be suitable for those with alcohol allergies, and it can potentially damage the edges.
We recommend a safer approach using oils, such as hair care essential oils or common household oils. Simply apply a small amount of oil to a towel or napkin, gradually lift the hairline lace, and gently wipe your head and the lace simultaneously. With patience and gentle care, the wig will come off easily.
Second: Cleaning Your Lace Wig:
Reviving the look of your lace wig is crucial for maintaining its natural appearance. Here's a highly effective cleaning method that will leave your wig looking clean and renewed:
- Sink or basin
- Dishwashing liquid (or conditioner)
- Soft toothbrush
- Patience and care
Wet the Wig: Begin by placing your lace wig in a sink or basin. Wet the hair thoroughly with water. Ensure the lace part is also damp.
Apply Soap: Apply a small amount of dishwashing liquid (or conditioner if preferred) to the hairline part. Gently massage the soap or conditioner with your fingers, creating a rich lather.
Brush Gently: Using a soft toothbrush, gently brush the lathered soap or conditioner into the hairline. Make sure to brush in the same direction, using circular motions and up-and-down motions. Keep the lace part securely attached to your fingers while brushing.
Repeat as Needed: Continue brushing with patience and care. You will notice that the glue residue will gradually lift from the lace and stick to the toothbrush.
Rinse and Dry: Once you are satisfied with the results, rinse the lace wig thoroughly with water. Gently squeeze out excess water and allow it to air dry on a wig stand or mannequin head.
By following these steps, you can effectively remove glue residue and refresh the lace on your wig, leaving it looking clean and like new. This method ensures your lace wig remains a valuable and long-lasting investment.
Finishing Touches: Revitalizing Your Lace Wig
Now that you've successfully removed the glue and cleaned the lace part of your wig, it's time to give it that extra touch to make it look and feel like new again:
1. Shampoo and Condition: After brushing off the glue residue, wash your lace wig twice with a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo. Follow up with a wig conditioner to keep the hair soft and manageable. Rinse thoroughly.
2. Blot Dry: Use a clean towel to gently blot the wig dry. Avoid rubbing, as this can cause tangling or damage to the hair fibers.
3. Air Dry: Place the wig on a wig stand or mannequin head and allow it to air dry in a cool, dry environment. Avoid using heat or direct sunlight, as it can harm the delicate lace and hair.
4. Apply Nourishing Oil: Once the wig is almost dry, apply a suitable hair product to enhance its luster. For straight hair, Moroccan oil works wonders, while elastin is ideal for wavy hair. Apply a small amount and distribute it evenly through the hair.
5. Enjoy Your Revived Wig: As your lace wig dries completely, you'll witness the magic unfold. Your wig will look and feel rejuvenated, just like the day you first got it!
By following these final steps, you can ensure your lace wig not only stays clean but also remains vibrant and refreshed for many uses to come. It's the secret to maintaining that 'brand new' look."
Of course, SalonReady now offers a "Wear & Go HD Glueless Lace Wig" that completely eliminates the need for any adhesive. This means you won't have to worry about how to clean residual glue from the lace. Click here to learn more.